About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- To perform CDD (Customer Due Diligence) review making process according to Group standards and country specific regulations;
- To ensure no breach of SLA (Service Level Agreement);
- To ensure compliance with the Money Laundering Prevention Policy/Guideline/Procedure and the Code of Conduct;
- To control and enhance efficiency and quality (10%) as per job objective;
- To ensure proper training, including but not limited to induction course, new hire training, job related policies, operations procedures, regulations, systems are conducted timely;
- To maintain a good working relationship within and outside the team;
- To support the Team Leader/Supervisors' in daily BAU (Business as Usual);
- To report and escalate any system issues and potential risk identified as part of daily BAU.
- Respond and clear queries from QAs / FCC on a timely manner.
- Keeping the team/self abreast of any updates on policy and procedures.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- The ability to interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [China/ Global Business Operation / CDD Execution Team / (CN [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- CET4, CET 6
Apply on company website