Job Title: Planner Location: Tucson, AZ Company Summary: The Company is a fully integrated miner, smelter and refiner of copper in the United States. Position Summary: Maintenance planner's primary purpose is to plan and schedule all maintenance activities for the Process Maintenance Area (Mill/Filter Plant/Crushers/Tailings). This includes the development of detailed job plans, facilitates compliance with OEM specifications, identifies best practices and complies with safety and environmental policies. Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare for and participate in weekly, monthly, and long-term project planning and scheduling meetings.
- Prepare for, participate in and/or lead Down Day Planning Meetings for appropriate area. Follow-up and report on Down Day progress with General Supervisor and Supervisors for appropriate areas (as per Down Day Schedule). Conduct and/or participate in Down Day Post Meetings to review and document issues, actions, learnings, etc.
- Develops spare parts list required for fixed plant and requests warehouse inventory to meet min/max levels to accommodate equipment lists.
- Uses a variety of software to complete daily activities such as SAP and MS Office products.
- Responsible for maintaining a detailed record of equipment condition and to manage a program of continual improvement and enhancement.
- Establishes repair priorities and prepares scheduled maintenance programs, equipment purchases, deliveries, and production requirements.
- Furnishes detailed documentation for planned work to be completed by outside contractors.
- Establishes weekly preventative maintenance schedules & reports weekly compliance of PM's.
- Establishes priorities and reviews maintenance backlogs and Front logs.
- Checks the accuracy of the equipment and component records in SAP.
- Maintain and assist in developing and/or reviewing standard jobs / task lists / safe work instructions, etc.
- Prioritize work orders in SAP Maintenance Management system.
- Identify, order and/or schedule resources required for planned tasks; including parts, equipment, materials, tools, procedures, documents and external resources, etc. Coordinate material and component deliveries and arrange for any special tools, equipment, drawings, and other needs prior to scheduled jobs commencing.
- Create Purchase Requisitions & Develop Material Catalog.
- Work with Process Maintenance General Supervisor, Supervisors and crews in field and ensures that critical controls for material risks are being correctly and uniformly applied and used by all teams. Work according to equipment strategies developed by Reliability Engineers, in addition to corrective work approved by Maintenance Supervisors.
- Make sure equipment servicing is scheduled in accordance with intervals and standards.
- Must have good written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions in MS Office, and SAP experience is a plus.
- Sound understanding of MSHA, safety, and environmental regulations as they relate to work area.
- High School Diploma or GED with two years prior experience.
- Bachelor's Degree from 4-year college or previous experience (desirable).
Staff Matters is proud to have been recognized by Inc. Magazine on its Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the USA. Staff Matters ranked as the fastest growing firm in Southern Arizona over a 3 year period. We ranked 26th among all industries statewide, and 35th in the USA among all HR services companies! Come find out what makes us so successful.
Staff Matters, Inc. is hired by many prominent employers to assist them in finding talented people. Our job openings are usually not advertised by our customers, which makes our company an excellent gateway to gain a position with the companies we support. At Staff Matters, our mission is to exemplify the stature of the recruiting and staffing industry in its importance in building organizations and changing people's lives for the betterment of our community. We build companies one talented person at a time, and to help people take meaningful steps in their careers, and we take our responsibility very seriously. The majority of the positions we have are NOT contract or temporary, but regular, full-time jobs. Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for a new position and our recruiters will be in touch with you shortly. We cannot guarantee that we will have an open position that matches well with your background, but we will strive to be a valuable free resource to you during your job search. For additional tips and guidance on your career search, please check out our company website www.StaffMattersInc.com. By applying to our job, you agree that we may contact you by any contact means you provide to us, including phone, cell phone, text message, email, chat and video call.
Apply on company website