Job Title: Electrician Location: Tucson, AZ Company Summary: The Company is a fully integrated miner, smelter and refiner of copper in the United States. Position Summary:
Safely maintain, install, troubleshoot and repair electrical power and control systems and equipment throughout large surface mining and milling operation. Job Responsibilities: • Safely maintain and repair power distribution circuits, switchgear, motors and motor control systems with voltages up to 13.8KV.
• Install, troubleshoot and repair hard-wired control logic and PLC control systems.
• Operate equipment including boom trucks, fork trucks and other equipment associated with electrical maintenance and repair.
• Diagnose electrical power, motor and control problems and failures utilizing a variety of electrical test equipment.
• Install and repair conduit, cable and wiring systems up to 13,800 volts. The ideal candidate will possess the following: High proficiency in reading and understanding electrical schematic, one-line, logic and interconnection diagrams and drawings.
• Thorough knowledge in the safe operation and safe maintenance work practices of electrical systems and equipment with voltages up to 13,800 volts.
• Thorough knowledge of electrical theory with experience in both AC and DC systems and control circuitry.
• Proficiency in the safe use of electrical test meters, instruments, computers and recorders.
• Knowledge and experience in medium voltage (4KV) and low voltage (480V) AC motors and control; AC variable frequency drives; and DC motors and control. Significant PLC control experience is a plus.
• Working knowledge and experience in medium and low voltage power distribution systems and equipment including transformers, circuit breakers and protective relaying and fusing. Experience above 13KV is a plus.
• Basic knowledge of process instrumentation used for level, pressure, flow and position control.
• Must be able to perform preventive maintenance and repairs procedures on all types of electrical and electronic systems, both indoors and outdoors.
• Ability to work from ladders and bucket trucks at height.
• Must be willing to work rotating shifts, rotating days off and overtime as required.
• Outdoor maintenance duties are required and are subject to prevailing inclement weather conditions.
• Must provide own tools of the trade.
• Must have or be able to attain a valid Driver's License
• Basic ability to speak, read and write English.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Preferred candidate will have a Certificate of Completion of an IBEW Apprenticeship program or equivalent formal training.
• Minimum of 5 years electrical maintenance experience within the mining/milling industry or heavy industry; exposure to mining electric shovel equipment is a plus.
• Preferred candidate will have experience constructing and repairing overhead power lines. and up to 13kv experience. Contact: PH: 520.647.9100 Fax: 888.997.0225 Staff Matters PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement About Us:
Staff Matters is proud to have been recognized by Inc. Magazine on its Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the USA. Staff Matters ranked as the fastest growing firm in Southern Arizona over a 3 year period. We ranked 26th among all industries statewide, and 35th in the USA among all HR services companies! Come find out what makes us so successful.
Staff Matters, Inc. is hired by many prominent employers to assist them in finding talented people. Our job openings are usually not advertised by our customers, which makes our company an excellent gateway to gain a position with the companies we support. At Staff Matters, our mission is to exemplify the stature of the recruiting and staffing industry in its importance in building organizations and changing people's lives for the betterment of our community. We build companies one talented person at a time, and to help people take meaningful steps in their careers, and we take our responsibility very seriously. The majority of the positions we have are NOT contract or temporary, but regular, full-time jobs. Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for a new position and our recruiters will be in touch with you shortly. We cannot guarantee that we will have an open position that matches well with your background, but we will strive to be a valuable free resource to you during your job search. For additional tips and guidance on your career search, please check out our company website www.StaffMattersInc.com. By applying to our job, you agree that we may contact you by any contact means you provide to us, including phone, cell phone, text message, email, chat and video call.
Apply on company website