SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
We are seeking a dynamic motivated hospital based Medical Technologist II like you to join our organization.
This is a PRN position.
St. Petersburg General Hospital is a Joint Commission accredited full-service 215-bed acute care facility. St Petersburg General Hospital is a designated Blue Distinction Center for Maternity Care; accredited as a Breast Center with digital imaging and computer aided detection; Chest Pain Center; Certified Advanced Primary Stroke and AFib Center; Accredited Cancer Center and a GYN Robotic Surgery Training Epicenter. Other services include The Pelvic Pain and Incontinence Center and The Orthopedic Center for Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery.
As a Medical Technologist II, you will perform stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which individuals and departments are licensed under the direction of a Laboratory Supervisor, Manager or Director. You will perform duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements and apply theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine using independent judgement to ensure timely and accurate results. You will also maintain licensure, competency, and will regulatory schedule in Blood Bank, Chemistry, and Hematology sections of the laboratory. You will perform non-technical duties including, but not limited to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the department as required. Finally, you will support the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
- Become proficient with information system computer functions relative to job duties.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the performance of accurate and timely laboratory testing.
- Work in an organized manner and perform according to section procedure manual so that other personnel can follow workflow.
- Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame.
- Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor.
- Consistently complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results.
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets.
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief.
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and completes necessary documentation.
- Assure that quality control results are within acceptable guidelines and parameters.
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines.
- Assist supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.)
- Operate all equipment correctly and perform periodic maintenance according to schedule.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform equipment troubleshooting to resolve basic equipment malfunctions.
- Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories and utilize them appropriately.
- Maintain education and development appropriate for position.
- Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results according to established procedures and in a timely manner.
You Should Have:
- A 2 Year/Associate Degree is required
- A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is preferred
- A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the ability to obtain a license prior to starting a new position
- A minimum of 3 years as a Medical Technologist
- You should have availability to work during disasters
- The ability to frequently stand, bend, reach, squat, kneel, move, and lift patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA Healthcare has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies and ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 List. Join our tradition of excellence! We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Are you intrigued?
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing so apply today. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website