Information About this Position
- Weekend Option
- Benefits Elligable
- Up to $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Company and Job Overview
St. Louis Children's Hospital is dedicated to improving the health and lives of children. As one of the top-ranked children's hospitals in the country, St. Louis Children's provides care in more than 50 specialty areas through a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers. Along with inpatient and outpatient medical care, the hospital offers education, wellness and injury-prevention programs to fulfill its mission to “do what's right for kids.”
Providing comprehensive, high-quality care and serving as an advocate for children has been St. Louis Children's commitment since its inception in 1879. Today, the hospital serves patients and families across a 300-mile service area, and has seen patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children's consistently ranks among America's Best Children's Hospitals by U.S.News & World Report in all surveyed categories. In 2021, St. Louis Children's was one of eight children's hospitals to rank in the top 25 of all 10 specialties. The hospital's academic and physician partner, Washington University School of Medicine, is one of the top-ranked medical schools in the United States. Since 2005, St. Louis Children's has been designated as a Magnet® hospital for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center® (ANCC).
Provides direct patient care activities related to respiratory care including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation within the guidelines of the hospital and department. Can independently apply advanced clinical respiratory expertise and scientific knowledge including best practices serving as a resource to others as part of the patient care team. Ensures patient safety by providing care in an effective, developmentally and age appropriate manner while complying with all quality and regulatory requirements as well as quality improvement initiatives.
- Effectively communicates by participating in the exchange of information including documentation, handoff and works collaboratively with the healthcare team.
- Provides education and training about respiratory therapy treatments and procedures to others including patients, families, students, new employees and members of the healthcare team utilizing diversity and learning styles.
- Holds self-accountable and seeks out opportunities for continuous learning and feedback and is able to perform multiple related duties, prioritizing and applying effective time management.
- Performs various diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory procedures according to established standards, procedures, guidelines and policies. Applies respiratory knowledge and clinical expertise, including the ability to assess, analyze and troubleshoot as needed.
- Demonstrates advanced clinical and critical care skills to support additional job responsibilities such as ECMO support, mechanical ventilator support, bronchoscopies, sleep lab, labor and delivery, cardiopulmonary and circulatory rehabilitation, Basic Life Support (BLS), etc. as needed.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Associate's Degree from a CoARC Accredited Program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Bachelor's Degree
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website