Information About this Position
- Shift is 3:00pm-11:30pm
Company and Job Overview
St. Louis Children's Hospital is dedicated to improving the health and lives of children. As one of the top-ranked children's hospitals in the country, St. Louis Children's provides care in more than 50 specialty areas through a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers. Along with inpatient and outpatient medical care, the hospital offers education, wellness and injury-prevention programs to fulfill its mission to “do what's right for kids.”
Providing comprehensive, high-quality care and serving as an advocate for children has been St. Louis Children's commitment since its inception in 1879. Today, the hospital serves patients and families across a 300-mile service area, and has seen patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children's consistently ranks among America's Best Children's Hospitals by U.S.News & World Report in all surveyed categories. In 2021, St. Louis Children's was one of eight children's hospitals to rank in the top 25 of all 10 specialties. The hospital's academic and physician partner, Washington University School of Medicine, is one of the top-ranked medical schools in the United States. Since 2005, St. Louis Children's has been designated as a Magnet® hospital for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center® (ANCC).
The Housekeeper is an environmental services worker who is responsible for daily housekeeping services as assigned, using procedures as outlined by the hospital or service organization.
- Performs routine janitorial and cleaning activities in patient, public and common areas using prescribed, established cleaning process.
- Performs discharge cleaning process in inpatient rooms and prepares room for next admission.
- Performs room set up and changes as needed, including changing linens, cleaning, mopping and furnishing.
- Keeps equipment clean and functional according to procedure.
- Notifies supervisor or manager of any equipment, furniture, or building fixtures that are in need of maintenance.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website