Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Patient Care Technician MedSurg today with St. David's South Austin Medical Center.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Patient Care Technician MedSurg. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Patient Care Technician (PCT) you will deliver high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of patient care services related to activities of daily living and basic needs. Under the supervision of the registered nurse, you will deliver patient care while providing emotional and physical comfort to the patient.
- You will demonstrate exceptional customer service, compassion and empathy in all interactions with patients and family
- You will assist patients with basic needs, personal hygiene, mobility and transportation.
- You will obtain and record patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data and vital signs
- In conjunction with nurses and physicians, you will be responsible for educating patients and families on the care and therapies being provided
- You will be responsible for recording information in patient medical records
- You will maintain close communication with physicians, nurses and healthcare team members regarding changes in a patient's care and condition
- You will monitor supplies levels in your unit and patient rooms and restock as needed
- 1+ years of experience in an acute care hospital setting – preferred
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification – preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 7 days of employment start date
- High School Graduate / GED
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Patient Care Technician MedSurg opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website