Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Paramedic opening with St. David's South Austin Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.Benefits
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
We are seeking a(an) Paramedic for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Paramedic, you will collect and convey information to team members and the attending physician regarding the health status of the patient. You will provide patient safety, maintain competence with the charting system, and maintain good working relationships with patients, visitors, physicians, coworkers, and other hospital staff.
- You will collect data and formulate a plan of care for each patient, including expected outcomes
- You will facilitate the flow of patients through the emergency care system
- You will involve and educate the patient and/or family in the patient's care
- You will answer and receive patient report from emergency medical services on radio
- You will stock, check, and clean equipment such as stretchers, closets, and cabinets as appropriate
- You may administer IV fluids and respiratory treatments
- You will perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation and advanced cardiac life support as necessary
- You will assist with splint application, wound cleaning, application of oxygen, suture set up and assistance, chest tube set up, removal of sutures, oral and endotracheal suctioning, catheter insertion, enema insertion, central line tray set up, lumbar puncture set up, thoracentesis set up, and insertion or oral and nasal airways
- 1 year of previous experience in an applicable field
- Completion of required coursework/graduation from an accredited school for Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) training
- Graduate of an Associate's Degree program from an accredited school in Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Texas Department of State Health Services Certified Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic (EMT-P) license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Associate Degree
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, or Emergency Medical Paramedic (EMP)
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Paramedic opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website