DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Manager of Critical Care you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's Round Rock Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Manager of Critical Care like you to be a part of our team.
The Manager ensures high quality, patient-centered care through oversight of the overall daily function and staffing of the unit/department. The Manager monitors and evaluates the provision of nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures and holds staff accountable for quality and clinical outcomes in support of facility objectives.
- You will help create a superior clinical identity by operationalizing evidence-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensure adherence to standards of care.
- You will support efforts to reduce variation in clinical practice and improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost. Ensure a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
- You will support the achievement of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations.
- You will ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- You will ensure equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- You will manage admissions and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- You will facilitate effective interdisciplinary care coordination within and across departments. You will ensure staff with appropriate clinical competencies are assigned to meet patient care needs.
- You will manage nursing practice and unit operations. Monitor and evaluate the provision of nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures to ensure patient and family needs are assessed and met.
- You will provide leadership in attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience. You will instill accountability for providing consistent, positive patient interactions that differentiate the organization as a healthcare leader.
- You will review various feedback mechanisms and help identify opportunities to improve customer/patient satisfaction. Support the development and implementation of strategies to elevate the patient experience.
- You will leverage various feedback mechanisms to benchmark performance and identify opportunities to improve patient satisfaction.
- You will ensure compliance with evidence-based practices that enhance patient experience and customer service.
- You will collaborate with subject matter experts and other leaders to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- You will support a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- You will manage staff scheduling. Maintain staffing in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- You will manage operating expenses, including the utilization of supplies and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings.
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 171-bed facility offering a range of services including advanced cardiac care at Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock—the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County, which offers heart and valve surgery and includes a catheterization and electrophysiology lab, as well as a Hybrid Operating Room (OR) for cardiovascular patients. Other services include advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center, emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department including locations in Cedar Park and Leander, as well as a dedicated unit for cancer care and inpatient rehabilitation. St. David's Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing neurosurgery, advanced orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Manager of Critical Care opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 1+ year of experience in healthcare- required
- 1+ year of experience in a leadership role- preferred
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- Associate Degree in Nursing- required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing- preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Nurse with Texas state licensure or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact. If working under compact license, must have current state license within 90 days.
- BLS certification as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- ACLS certification as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- NRP certification as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Certification in area of specialty - preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website