Trauma Medical Director
SSM Health St. Marys HospitalMadison, WI
SSM Health Dean Medical Group, a 500+ physician multi-specialty group, is actively recruiting for a caring and dedicated Trauma Medical Director to continue the rapid build of our Trauma Service and Acute Care Surgery Service at SSM Health St. Marys Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin. Our trauma service is currently in the verification process as an ACS Level 2 Trauma Center, and has been a State confirmed Level 3. Duties will include:
- The Trauma Medical Director will be directly responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring, recruitment, and improvement of clinical processes and systems related to the Trauma program. This position also requires the performance of clinical duties as a Surgeon, including Trauma Surgery and Trauma call.
- Once verified, will maintain the hospital as an ACS verified Trauma II Center, growing and solidifying the network of referring facilities, supporting the hospitals strategic goals and objectives, and ensuring continuing compliance with the American College of Surgeons and other regulatory body survey requirements.
- Continue integrating the Trauma program with Acute Care Surgery and the ICU programs, and actively participating in process improvement and medical education efforts.
- Lead a growing team of Trauma Surgeons, Acute Care Surgeons, and Advanced Practitioners, assess the future staffing of the Trauma/ACS/ICU teams, and lead recruitment accordingly
- SSM St. Mary's Hospital, a 440-bed tertiary care and referral center, is an award-winning facility and has been serving South Central Wisconsin since 1912.
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital was named among the nation's 100 Top Hospitalsfor 2018 by IBM Watson HealthTM. which spotlights the best-performing hospitals in the U.S. based on clinical, operational and patient satisfaction metrics and data.
- Mary's and Dean Medical Group are part of SSM Health, an integrated health system that has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma with over 20 hospitals.
Madison, population 252,000, consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, go to school, play, and raise a family. In fact, Madison was recently named as the most livable mid-size city in the United States by Livability https://livability.com/best-places/top-100-best-places-to-live/2019/wi/madison The Overture Center http://www.overture.org/ in downtown Madison is a beautiful facility that offers a wide variety of entertainment, including the Madison Symphony, Madison Opera, and visiting performances.
- Must have experience in Trauma program design and implementation, and demonstrated experience in clinic or administrative leadership
- Qualified candidates must be board certified in General Surgery with Surgical Critical Care board certification preferred
- Preferred candidate will have 5+ years of experience caring for traumatized patients
- Preferred experience as a Trauma Medical Director
- ATLS certified; ATLS Instructor preferred
Trauma Medical DirectorSSM Health St. Mary's Hospital—Madison, WISSM Health De...
Apply on company website