Posted Date: Dec 13, 2019
Position Title: Operations Manager - Maintenance - Aurora, IL
Hay Grade 13
Reports To: Facility Director
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.Job Summary
As Operations Manager - Maintenance you are be responsible for the overall building maintenance operations for Facilities Services. You are responsible for successfully coordinating all work activities of building maintenance personnel. Directs maintenance and specialty shops in performing planned and unplanned preventive maintenance, work order audits, electronic work order management systems, and developing metrics. Coordinate activities with University representatives.
You must also have the ability to supervise, direct, and develop supervisors and hourly employees in accordance with company guidelines, and to ensure customer satisfaction through high quality standards, while maintaining an environment that is safe and equitable.
In the Unit Director role you would be responsible for assigning duties, inspecting work, and investigating complaints regarding building maintenance services and take immediate corrective action. You would secure and assure that all equipment is maintained and in working order. You would train, discipline, and dismiss of employees. Unit Directors act as liaison between building occupants or administrators and supervisors, so it is imperative that you are able to effectively communicate all directives from managers, building occupants and administrators to building maintenance staff.
- Manages, directs, and schedules work activities of skilled and semi-skilled trades' craftsmen.
- Assigns work to direct reports. Communicate between various shifts to ensure applicable completion of tasks.
- Coordinates building maintenance requirements with proctors of assigned buildings.
- Plans jobs to be done and monitors work in progress.
- Instructs direct reports in new techniques and procedures.
- Inspects completed jobs.
- Continually assesses the performance of Maintenance technical staff; oversees staff training and recruitment to ensure that the workforce is capable of operating and maintaining state-of-the-art building support systems.
- Supervises the preparation of timekeeping records and reports.
- Plans and supervises a progressive preventive maintenance program.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred
- Five years' experience in mechanical, electrical, building or other skilled trade supervision.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Computer skills to include MS Office
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 359482
KRISTEN M STROHMYER
Apply on company website