SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for Advent's Data Solutions Team in our San Francisco office. The team develops and delivers portfolio and market data solutions working with Custodians and Data Vendors in order to tightly integrate relevant information into Advent's Portfolio Accounting solutions.
Advent's software solutions provide investment professionals with tools for all aspects of portfolio management and reporting, including data acquisition, research and investing. Our clients are analysts, portfolio managers, and traders at some of the industry's leading hedge funds, traditional asset management funds, endowments, foundations, funds of funds, and private equity firms.
One of the solutions is a next generation, cutting edge cloud based service that facilitates acquisition, normalization and integration of market data from premiere global market data providers.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about building high quality solutions
- Capable of dealing with a variety of technologies and keeps an eye on emerging trends and technologies
- Comfortable working in an agile environment and values team success
- Driven to deal with complex issues and provide simple and elegant solutions
- Deliver successfully with high quality on all aspects of development - analysis, design, test, implementation of features and deployment for cloud based services following test driven approaches.
- Work on critical component services that provide rich integration workflows and interaction.
- Work collaboratively on projects with team members, following agile development practices
- Be a key contributor to the team with ownership of new and current features across the breadth of the solution.
- Willingness to collaborate across time zones. We have clients and team members all over the world, so it is necessary to be flexible when it comes to working hours, when required
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- 3 to 6 years of professional software development experience. Candidate's with less experience will be considered at the Software Engineer level.
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills
- Solid understanding of data structures and databases
- Drive the implementation process for work items large in scope
- Strong communication skills to present and discuss technical designs, problems and functional features
- Is a team player, and willing to do what it takes for the team to be successful.
- Experience with the Microsoft stack including .NET, C#, and REST
- Experience leveraging an Agile Methodology such as Scrum
- Experience in web UI development, preferably Angular
- Experience in working with relational/document databases such as MS SQL Server and MongoDB
- Experience developing SaaS based applications
- Knowledge and familiarity with network protocols.
- Experience with Jenkins, GIT, JIRA and Confluence is a plus
- Familiarity with the securities industry is a plus.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website