SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Looking for an energetic IT Project Manager with strong communication skills who can help our organization with its transition from a predominantly Waterfall SDLC to the Agile Scrum Framework. We are looking for someone who is hands on and can influence outcomes of projects through their ability to lead stakeholders towards a common shared goal and by removing any impediments for the project team. The IT Project Manager will report to the Director of Project Management for the SS&C GlobeOp's Hedge Fund Services division.
- As a generalist and outcomes owner you serve as the glue who keeps the team together and have the ability to fill any gaps needed to deliver results, including writing requirements/user stories, project / release plans, roadmaps, and technical proposals
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, and an ability to handle multiple large projects in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Ability to thrive in uncertain environments and someone who can influence peers and sr. managers toward a shared vision and forward progress
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus, and ability to diplomatically disagree and align when dealing with different stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker, and adaptable; ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions.
- Drive project definition by locking down high-level requirements and long-term strategic goals from business and technical stakeholders, and translating those into detailed roadmaps and tasks actionable by developers.
- Partner with all project stakeholders and lead execution from conception through delivery to production, and rollout to client base.
- Partner with leadership and technical leads to deliver solutions that meet business requirements within SS&C GlobeOp Hedge Fund Services
- Lead daily scrum calls, sprint review/retrospectives, backlog grooming, and sprint planning sessions.
- Work closely with clients, business users / product owners to help define and document user stories/ requirements.
- Facilitate the prioritization of development projects in the backlog, and maintain a product/project roadmap and track progress against plans.
- Build JIRA dashboards / reporting and presentations for senior stakeholders.
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to stakeholders at all levels in the organization both verbally and through written statuses.
- Anticipate and resolve or escalate any impediments in a timely manner for the project team.
- Build and maintain complex MS Project Plans for projects where traditional waterfall SDLC is still being used.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across geographically distributed teams in different time zones.
- Track and mitigate risks against projects and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner so as not to impact critical paths of projects.
- Oversight of design, development, testing, implementation activities, and rollout for projects.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years managing software development projects as a technical project manager/product manager
- Extensive experience using JIRA, Confluence, X-ray, MS Project. JIRA Admin experience is highly desirable
- Extensive experience with SDLC frameworks including Waterfall and Agile Scrum
- Scrum Master or Product Manager Certification and PMP certifications desired
- Experience in the financial services domain preferably hedge funds, with a solid understanding of financial products (equities, fixed income, derivatives etc.)
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website