SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Hedge Fund Accountant - Senior Associate
1212 Corporate Drive (Suite 450) Irving, TX #LI-AK1
The Senior Associate will be responsible for transaction processing, the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, and financial reporting, for our Hedge Fund clients.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our Hedge Fund clients. Associates should have a strong background in financial accounting, ideally with some prior exposure to accounting for financial instruments. The senior associate is responsible for preparing and processing transactions and financial reports, and exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions. Additionally, the associate must have excellent client service skills, and the ability to work within a team toward the timely and accurate production of client deliverables.
- Reconciling the funds cash to outside sources
- Reconciling the funds positions/securities to outside sources
- Researching internal differences between the accounting and trade entry systems
- Pricing the fund portfolios
- Analyzing fund performance on a daily and monthly basis
- Issuing P&L reports on a daily basis
- Accurate calculation of fund NAV's
- Posting accounting entries to ledger
- Performing month-end close processes/financial statement preparation
- Working with various products including equities, bonds, swaps, options, FX, mortgages, financing and futures #LI-VB1
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of experience with various financial products; for example equities, fixed income, repurchase agreements, futures, FX, mortgages and options a strong plus
- Solid MS Excel knowledge
- Working knowledge of corporate actions a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter personality and the ability to strive for excellence in their work
- Solid analytical skills
- A strong team player
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website