SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based at 580 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94104
Associate Fund Accountant will be responsible for transaction processing, the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, and financial reporting, for our private equity and/or hedge fund clients.
The associate will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our private equity clients. Associates should have a strong background in financial accounting, ideally with some prior exposure to accounting for financial instruments. The associate is responsible for preparing and processing transactions and financial reports, and exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions. Additionally, the associate must have excellent client service skills, and the ability to work within a team toward the timely and accurate production of client deliverables.
- Contribute toward a team covering one or more client relationships
- Deliver accurate and timely work product within specified deliverables timelines, and in coordination with the vice president and other team members
- Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Perform bank reconciliations, process journal entries, and prepare supporting financial schedules
- Handle daily/routine client information requests
- Prepare work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Prepare management fee calculations and supporting schedules
- Prepare investor allocations and capital account statements
- Prepare capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Update distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Support the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the team, client, and auditors
- Where applicable, support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 0-2+ years experience in accounting – experience in the financial services sector a plus
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting – knowledge of accounting for financial instruments a plus
- Must have a strong academic foundation in financial accounting: journal entries, cash transactions and reconciliations, non-cash activity, investment activity, and investor capital activity
- Deadline oriented with ability to complete assigned tasks independently.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with emphasis on Excel skills
- Sungard Investran experience a plus
- Team player
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website