The Lead Cardiac Sonographer performs a variety of specialized technical tasks utilizing high frequency ultrasound waves to assist with the detection of cardiac anatomical abnormalities and overall cardiac function. The Lead Tech is also responsible for the mentoring and training of staff sonographers. The Lead Tech assists with development of policies and procedures specific to cardiac sonography as well as annual verification of continued competency of all sonography staff. The Lead Tech will have ongoing corroboration with medical director to assure quality of echo studies. The Lead Tech will maintain additional reporting tasks within CPAC and data-check computer systems and will participate in activities to ensure ongoing IAC accreditation.
- Graduate from accredited ultrasound program
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer or 5 years' minimum experience with appropriate credentials and on-the-job training with supervisor experience
- 5+ years of experience as a registered cardiac sonographer in the inpatient setting
- Currently Registered ARDMS or CCI in Echocardiography
- BLS certification
Core Job Responsibilities
- Extensive sonography education, training and experience in cardiac sonography to allow for completion of a proficient echocardiogram during routine and emergency exams, including but not limited to 2-dimensional, 3-dimensional, Doppler, transesophageal, transthoracic and stress echoes as requested by the provider and in accordance with IAC standards
- Extensive clinical experience in providing sonography services and demonstrated ability to mentor and support staff sonographers in multiple locations
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills and software programs for documentation activities and report generation across multiple locations
- Assist with computer entry of educational activities and credentials, for all cardiac sonographers and reading cardiologist, as dictated by IAC for ongoing accreditation
- Ensure cardiac sonographer staff compliance with clinical and operational protocols, policies, and procedures of SRHS as well as IAC
- Provide oversight to ensure ongoing IAC accreditation to include but not limited to: peer review, echo study over-reads, communication with Medical Director regarding echo completion and quality
- Positively respond and implement change when needed with demonstration of good decision-making skills
- Assist with quality control and maintenance of all equipment concerning cardiac sonography: ASTRA, GE sonography equipment, gel warmers, etc.
- Prepare patients for procedures; explain procedures to the patients; report changes in patient condition to medical staff; provide oral and written summary of preliminary findings to the cardiologist; evaluate quality of exams; determine if additional views/images are indicated and discuss with physician
- Knowledgeable of Federal, State and Accrediting bodies compliance and regulatory requirements and adheres to standards of care outlined by these organizations
- Regularly attend departmental meetings and in-services; assist with planning of quarterly QAPI meetings with the medical director
- Ensures correct charging of procedures and supplies daily
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
Apply on company website