The Interventional Radiology Tech 2 is under the direction of a Radiologist, performs radiographic procedures with indirect supervision. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply ionized radiation prescribed by physicians for radiologic diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for directing and controlling qualitative and quantitative standards of work performed in the Imaging Services Department.
• Associate Degree in an imaging related field
- 2 years' experience in Interventional Radiology
- Currently registered or registry eligible with ARRT and SCQRSA
- Within 2 years of employment Vascular- Interventional Registered
- Vascular- Interventional Registered
Core Job Responsibilities
- Assist Interventional Radiologist in all procedures done with accuracy, and professionalism
- Handle confidential information and work professionally with patients, families, physicians, other departments, vendors, and equipment manufacturers
- Guide and direct lesser qualified employees in complex procedures with responsibility to train
- Supervise and control work in examining rooms
- Responsible for charge entry and charge reconciliation
- Be able to coordinate between other departments procedures and physician availability
- Help with charging, monitoring, and controlling supply inventory and expense
- Show proficiency in computer related tasks
- Be motivated to show teamwork, professionalism, respect, compassion, and kindness to patients and co-workers
- On regular call rotation for weekday, weekend, and holidays
- May be assigned to cover additional shifts as required to meet departmental needs
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
Apply on company website