***Sign-on and Relocation bonuses available based on experience and location! New grads welcome to apply!***
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse demonstrates thorough knowledge of therapeutic patient care, patient advocacy, clinical pathways/care maps, team dynamics, hospital systems, and serves as a resource for the registered nurse and support staff. Collaborates with leadership in developing and implementing the Spartanburg Medical Center culture, Vision, Mission and goals.
It is the premise of the Professional Practice Program that each of the key responsibilities builds on the preceding requirements.
This position is part of our 3-bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU) within Spartanburg Hospital For Restorative Care, a long term acute-care hospital (LTACH). We treat a wide variety of patients with various conditions needing longer term acute care. Our average patient stay is 28-30 days. This is an exciting area to work in for someone who enjoys the intensive care setting with extensive variety, while building close patient relationships, and having a tight-knit, family-like working environment centered around teamwork.
Our long-term, acute care (LTACH) unit focuses on patients with serious medical problems that require special treatment.
Successful intervention requires a comprehensive approach involving often involving numerous professions and technologies. Educating the patient and family is crucial to achieving success and breaking the cycle of readmission. Patients reach their optimal and realistic goals through work, family involvement, and intervention of many professionals.
Our team provides individuals with services on the following conditions:
- Pulmonary disease
- Cardiac disease
- Infectious disease
- Medically complex
- Post trauma
- Renal disease
- Wound care
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina
- BLS, ACLS, PALS/ENPC
Core Job Responsibilities
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the health care team to determine patient priorities and treatments
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to enhance outcome
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions to assure positive patient outcomes
- Participates in hourly rounding and bedside shift report
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment and procedures.
- Provides clinical guidance to students and ancillary staff
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation programs
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Ensures compliance with all clinical expectations regarding regulatory requirements
- Identifies appropriate standards of care, and/or collaborative clinical pathways to guide the plan of care
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and procedures pertaining to specialized patient populations and/or unit and hospital-based practices
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Prioritizes nursing interventions for an assigned group of patients
- Assesses assigned patients' medical history, admitting diagnosis and physician's orders, obtaining nursing history, performing physical assessment, evaluating diagnostic data, and interviewing patient and family to determine patient needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established charting procedure to show the patient's progress or any change in the patient's condition
- Other Duties as assigned
Additional InformationAt Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care, we believe that recovery is multi-faceted. Patients need a caring, supportive network of experts to help them heal from conditions that require treatment for an average of 25 days. Our nurturing environment supports each patient through his or her journey. Located in the beautiful foothills of the South Carolina Blue Ridge mountains, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care (SHRC) is a licensed freestanding 97-bed, long term acute-care hospital (LTACH) and a licensed 25-bed skilled nursing facility. SHRC is committed to helping patients reach their optimal health goals. The venue is ideal for patients requiring treatment for pulmonary, cardiac, renal, infectious diseases and complex wound treatment. We provide patients with: Long term acute-care (LTACH): focused on patients with serious medical problems that require special treatment, such as wound care, lung conditions, etc. Skilled Nursing Care: designed to help patients who are in the hospital but need skilled care before being discharged home.
Apply on company website