The Electronic Medical Record (EMR) has created a transformational change in how pharmacy evaluates data to ensure departmental compliance with local and federal regulatory agencies especially around drug diversion. The Specialist – Pharmacy Compliance (S-PC) is responsible for coordinating reporting and performing data analysis across the entire pharmacy electronic platform (i.e. EMR, Automated Dispensing System, Wholesaler, etc.…). Working in collaboration with the Pharmacy Diversion/Compliance Officer, the S-PC's role is to reduce the opportunity for diversion and departmental non-compliance with state and federal agencies as well as departmental strategic imperatives via reporting optimization and data audits.
- Associates and/or SC State Certified Technician
- One year of IT training/experience or five years of equivalent healthcare specific analyst experience
- Minimum of five years' experience in a hospital pharmacy
- Working with pharmacy Automated Dispensing Software (ADS) (i.e. ConnectRx, Unity, etc..)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications specifically Microsoft Word and Excel
- Performing data analysis
- SC State Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Performing data analysis utilizing Pharmacy Automated Dispensing Software (ADS) in combination with the hospital Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Experience working with Pharmacy Administration to implement healthcare compliance requirements
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations related to the controlled substance act
- Experience designing/facilitating report development in EMR and ADS applications
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Core Job Responsibilities
- Work independently and in conjunction with a multi-disciplinary team to collate data, develop reporting structure, and ensure compliance with common risk points and methods of diversion
- Drug Procurement, Drug Preparation and Dispensing, Prescribing, Drug Administration, and Drug Waste and removal
- Works with Pharmacy administration in coordination with local and federal governmental agencies to resolve cases of diversion
- Works with pharmacy/hospital administration to review/audit common risk points and methods of diversion in compliance with hospital policies and procedures
- Works with hospital/pharmacy administration to update audit/review process in coordination with changes to policies and procedures.
- Works with pharmacy administration to provide documentation and ensure compliance with regulatory bodies during active hospital audits by local and federal agencies
- Conducts and audits pharmacy staff competencies as related to the procurement, preparation, and waste and removal of controlled substances
- Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide controlled substance related education/competencies
- In coordination with pharmacy administration, performs annual May 1st controlled substance inventory and maintains documentation
- Maintain controlled substance records as required by state and federal regulatory bodies
- Builds and maintains files within the ADS to help facilitate drug procurement, drug availability for administration, and appropriate waste of controlled/non-controlled substances
- Trouble shoots day to day operational ADS issues. Works with departmental QI teams to develop process improvement strategies via report development in the ADS.
- Assures monthly unit inspections are completed and documented as required by state (Board of Pharmacy, DHEC) licensing agencies
- Responsible for the coordination of pharmacy inventory as scheduled with pharmacy administration and staff
- Works with pharmacy administration to ensure associate compliance through data analysis for departmental strategic imperatives
- Other duties as assigned
Additional InformationAs a part of Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, Pelham Medical Center consists of 48 inpatient rooms and is continuously expanding services to meet the needs of patients. Conveniently located at Westmoreland Road and Highway 14 in Greer, the state-of-the-art facility is a national award winner for its design. The hospital design focuses on both comfort and convenience for patients and visitors. This focus carries over into each patient room with several room features designed to maximize functional efficiency and effectiveness for the patient care team without disturbing the patient.
Apply on company website