Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP Certified)
$5,000 Sign On Bonus
The SRHS Medical Laboratory Technician is responsible for using established standards and practices to perform qualitative and quantitative clinical laboratory analysis on blood, body fluids, and tissues done in hematology, chemistry and coagulation at a physician's request to provide information in the diagnosis and treatment of a patient's condition. Must be able to provide and understand the specific communication, developmental and treatment needs of patients, families, and visitors, ranging in age from early to late adult.
- Associates Degree in Laboratory Science
- 1-3 years experience in a hospital laboratory
- ASCP Certified
Spartanburg Regional offers competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package, check it out here: Employee Benefits.
Job Core Responsibilities:
- Decisions concerning sample collection and handling
- Daily instrument maintenance and quality control
- Sample testing
- Collection and interpretation of data
- Maintenance of accurate records and reporting of data
- Knowledge of critical values
- Must follow established standards and practices, performs various quantitative and qualitative clinical laboratory studies to comply with physician requests for analyses of various blood, body fluids and tissues, in order to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Must be able to provide and understand the specific communication, developmental and treatment needs of patients, families and visitors ranging in age from neonate-birth to geriatric.
- While these standards are intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify add/or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
- Moderate chemical, biological and/or low-level radiation exposure.
- Communication skills are necessary for consultative interaction with other members of the health care team, technical service matters and patient education.
- Moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs) or equivalent effort applied in pushing, pulling, or other job activities
- Must possess ability to withstand the stress and demands of an active position.
- Must possess ability to withstand the extensive periods of standing, walking, stooping, bending and sitting.
- Must possess manual dexterity, good eye-hand coordination, adequate vision and hearing.
- Must possess ability to perform accurately and efficiently in any situation.
- Must possess ability to make decisions and use appropriate judgment.
- Must possess ability to utilize complex instrumentation on counters of 36” height.
- Must possess ability to cooperate as a team member with positive interactions.
- Must be able to work irregular/flexible hours.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of work-related information.
- Must maintain credentials and licensure.
- Must be trained and maintain competency on limited procedures in the Highly Infectious Disease Testing.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Vision requirements: must be able to pass a color vision test.
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
Apply on company website