Full-time LPNs with Woodruff Manor are eligible for the below incentives:
- $5,000 sign on bonus (paid in 4 installments over the course of 18 months)
- 12.5% commitment bonus (paid in 4 installments over the course of 12 months)
Woodruff Manor is an 88-bed skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility that has provided care to the Woodruff community since 1987. Our compassionate team has the training and expertise to provide the individualized patient care needed during a stay. The team includes an attending physician, nurse practitioner, registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants — all working together to provide a positive and caring environment.
- Total # of beds: 88 beds
- Average patient age: Adult
- Patient Services: long-term care and short-term rehabilitation
- Case Types: psychiatric / memory care, diabetic care, dialysis care as well as foley catheters, trachs, and PEG tubes
The Licensed Practical Nurse, under the direction of the Registered Nurse, provides direct age-specific care to selected residents and performs selected activities, utilizing the Resident Assessment Instrument and the Nursing process based on delegation by the Registered Nurse. Must be able to provide and understand the specific communication, developmental, treatment needs of residents, staff and others coming into the facility facilities and visitors ranging in age from early adult to late adult.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required and must have Graduate of nursing program
- Strong computer skills with accuracy in typing; ability to coordinate and file (electronically and paper) alphabetically; excellent professional communication skills
- Current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in South Carolina
Core Job Responsibilities
- Monitors and controls noise at desk to ensure professional conduct and appearance; assures the nursing station desk is attended
- Maintains a clean, neat, and organized desk area to facilitate workflow, ensuring confidential and PHI information is properly secured
- Skilled in data entry – Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skillfully operate and maintain computer, printer, and fax machines; telephone system
- Routinely maintains standards of CMS/ Medicare/Medicaid Standards and other licensing and regulatory agencies
- Demonstrates practice to maintain a safe environment and reports safety issues for residents, visitors, co-workers, and self
- Recognizes risk management situations and reports them in a timely manner
- Promptly reports equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel; uses chain of command when reporting problems/concerns
- Demonstrates compliance with policies regarding HIPAA and resident confidentiality, confidentiality of facility information and residents' rights and responsibilities; demonstrates knowledge of the purpose of the Ethics Committee, including referral process
- Successfully completes initial orientation and annual required computerized training, competencies and annual health evaluation
- Attends unit staff meetings, applying knowledgeable of facility's policies and procedures, medical terminology and specific services of departments
- Identifies and actively supports positive relations within team and across department lines; maintains an open and positive attitude by a willingness to participate in new initiatives
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Resident/Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional resident/customer situations; responds promptly to resident needs; solicits resident feedback in an attempt to achieve an optimum level of resident care; treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to the ideas of others; and is willing to try new solutions and options; demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; respectfully helps to educate others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, excellence and attention to detail; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality and excellence.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and in a timely manner; supports the goals and values of the organization; benefits organization through outside activities and representation of the company; supports affirmative action and respects diversity; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to the views of others; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts the success of the team above his/her own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Oral and Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens for and seeks proper clarification; responds well to questions asked; demonstrates excellent group presentation skills; participates in meetings and enrichment discussions; writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet appropriate needs; presents numerical data effectively and legibly; and is able to read and interpret written information.
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
Apply on company website