The Lab Customer Service Rep. receives and initiates telephone calls from internal and external lab clients. Utilizes appropriate computer systems for testing/ordering and other information to address client questions. Faxes and copies test results. Provides prompt, accurate, friendly and quality customer service. Compliance - understands and complies with the Code of conduct and department policies, procedures and regulations. The Customer Service Representative must be able to do other assigned duties.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Previous work in a laboratory setting
Core Job Responsibilities
- Must be able to provide and understand the specific communication, developmental and treatment needs of patients, families, and visitors ranging in age from neonate-birth to geriatric.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records.
- Must be able to withstand the stress and demands of an active position while responding calmly and efficiently in crisis situations.
- Must be able to work as a team member, demonstrating good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate professionally with physicians, management and staff.
- Must be able to participate in courier pick-up service on SMC campus
- Must be able to fill supply orders
- Whiles these standards are intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
Apply on company website