Under the direct supervision of an ASCP certified histotech a non-certified histotechnician performs functions involved in preparing slides for various body tissues following surgery or autopsy for study by the pathologists assists with problem-solving, procedure development and regulatory readiness.
- Associate Degree in a science discipline with at least 1 year lab experience or 1 year working histopathology
- See above
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- 2 years working histopathology experience and eligible to sit for the HT/HTL ASCP certification
- ASCP MLT/MT
Core Job Responsibilities
- Perform functions involved in preparing slides for various body tissues following surgery or autopsy for study by the pathologists assists with problem-solving, procedure development and regulatory readiness.
- Performs special staining techniques as may be required. Perform duties as assigned.
- Must be able to provide and understand the specific communication, developmental and treatment needs of patients, families and visitors ranging in age from neonate-birth to geriatric.
- Compliance: understands and complies with the Code of conduct and department policies, procedures and regulations.
- Whiles these standards are intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
Apply on company website