The Emergency Services Technician, under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, is responsible for providing emotional and physical comfort and safety to patients; observing, recording and reporting to appropriate persons changes in patient's condition; performing therapeutic procedures/treatments as defined by Pelham Medical Center's Policy and Procedures; keeping the unit environment safe, restocking of supplies and checking the operation of equipment. Collaborates with Leadership in developing and implementing the Pelham Medical Center Culture, Mission, and Goals.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- EMT, CNA, PCA, Surgical Technician, Medical Assistant, completion of fundamental nursing course, or one year experience in healthcare setting
Core Job Responsibilities
- Recognizes and reports changes in patients clinical condition, e.g. change in color, shortness of breath, changes in vital signs, etc… to appropriate nursing staff and/or MD.
- Performs and documents procedures as appropriate (i.e., vital signs, EKGs performed and labeled, specimens obtained and delivered).
- Assists physicians and nurses in examinations, treatments and minor surgical procedures.
- Assists patients with turning, bathing, and positioning, ambulating.
- Employee attends all mandatory education programs offered by the hospital and/or department annually.
- Completes daily assignments, i.e., utility room's storage, trays, carts, and supplies.
- Follows Emergency Department procedures are followed concerning use, processing and replacement of special equipment, trays and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center — Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor. SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital, Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
Apply on company website