Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse demonstrates thorough knowledge of therapeutic patient care, patient advocacy, clinical pathways/care maps, team dynamics, hospital systems, and serves as a resource for the registered nurse and support staff. Collaborates with leadership in developing and implementing the Spartanburg Medical Center culture, Vision, Mission and goals.
It is the premise of the Professional Practice Program that each of the key responsibilities builds on the preceding requirements.
The Weekend/Baylor nurse will work two weekend days (Saturday and Sunday) and will choose one day during the week to work in order to fulfill three 12-hour shifts per week. *Additional premium is offered for our Weekend positions.
5 Heart is a 32-bed cardiac stepdown unit for cardiac medical patients who need special heart monitoring due to chest pain or congestive heart failure, or after a heart catheterization or angioplasty and placement of a stent. This unit will also sometimes take post-surgical patients. Typical nurse to patient ratio is 1:3, or 1:4, with a free charge available on all shifts. This is a great unit for anyone who enjoys learning a lot within a broad patient base and working in a teamwork focused environment.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina
- BLS, ACLS, PALS/ENPC
Core Job Responsibilities
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the health care team to determine patient priorities and treatments
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to enhance outcome
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions to assure positive patient outcomes
- Participates in hourly rounding and bedside shift report
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment and procedures.
- Provides clinical guidance to students and ancillary staff
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation programs
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Ensures compliance with all clinical expectations regarding regulatory requirements
- Identifies appropriate standards of care, and/or collaborative clinical pathways to guide the plan of care
- Complies with established policies and procedures
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and procedures pertaining to specialized patient populations and/or unit and hospital-based practices
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Prioritizes nursing interventions for an assigned group of patients
- Assesses assigned patients' medical history, admitting diagnosis and physician's orders, obtaining nursing history, performing physical assessment, evaluating diagnostic data, and interviewing patient and family to determine patient needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and theory.
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established charting procedure to show the patient's progress or any change in the patient's condition
- Other Duties as assigned
Additional InformationSpartanburg Regional is an integrated healthcare system that provides care from birth to hospice. As a a partner with the community for 90 years, we have earned a reputation for technological excellence. With more than 5,600 employees, Spartanburg Regional prides itself in being one of the most recognized healthcare facilities in Upstate South Carolina. A long list of accolades and accomplishments keep our employees proud. We believe the pride and quality in our organization is the result of a focused effort of our staff and resources.
Apply on company website