Job Opportunity Job ID: 16252 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Specialize in the diagnosis, medical management and surgical treatment of patients with vascular disease.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
Devote time, attention and energy to providing professional medical services that are representative of the highest quality, compassionate medical care that can be provided to Hospital's patients.
With respect to assigned clinical responsibilities, report to Vice President Sparrow Medical Group (SMG) or designee.
In accordance with Physician's Employment Agreement, be available not less than the required number of hours per week for patient contact time, call coverage, and other responsibilities as assigned by Vice President SMG or designee or SMG Board.
Utilize and conform to the billing, collection and accounting systems and practices maintained by Hospital and Sparrow Health System and as designated by the SMG Board.
Supervise the medical care of those patients of Hospital who are assigned for supervision.
Refer patients requiring medically necessary care to an affiliate of Sparrow Health System, if such services are available at Sparrow Health System affiliate facility, unless (i) a patient expresses a different choice, (ii) the patient's insurer requires a different provider, or (iii) the best medical interest of the patient demands a different referral in the physician's judgement.
Supervise, evaluate and make recommendations regarding office personnel and actively participate in SMG and practice level management and operations, including, without limitation, attendance at SMG all-physician meetings, practice group meeting and other such meetings related to SMG or Physician's practice group.
Assist with the recruitment and development of additional or replacement physicians.
Perform such additional services as requested by Vice President, SMG as well as those designated by the SMG Board, which are not inconsistent with the foregoing duties and other terms of Employment Agreement.
Engage in such educational programs, including teaching residents, interns and medical students as requested or directed by the Vice President, SMG as well as those designated by the SMG Board.
Complete all medical record entries within a reasonable time after patient contact and comply with additional requirements related to documentation and coding, if any, as set forth by Contract Agreement and Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws; provided that these deadlines may be extended by Hospital for reasonable time in light of unforeseeable events such as Physician's illness.
Participate in the ongoing development of Physician's practice specialty within Hospital, including assisting in connection with the development of policies, procedures and protocols and operation matters in conjunction with the SMG Board.
Assist as requested by the SMG Board or Hospital in developing, reviewing and implementing revisions to Hospital's and SMG's quality assurance, quality improvement and related programs as they relate to Physician's practice specialty
Demonstrate good medical citizenship, which includes the following:
Have complete, legible, timely, and appropriately coded outpatient and inpatient charts and billing documentation.
Exhibit courteous civility in dealing with staff, patients, families, and peers.
- Exhibit cooperative attitude in dealing with all aspects of Sparrow Health System.
- Be constructive, creative, and proactive in dealing with issues that need to be addressed either personally or professionally.
- Exhibit cooperative behavior in handling telephone messages, medication refills, call backs to patients, and other activities, as needed.
- Be cognizant, knowledgeable, and compliant with Hospital and Sparrow Health System policies on Conflict of Interest and Corporate Compliance.
- Demonstrate, via action, the ICARE values.
- Be a member in good standing of the Sparrow Medical Staff.
- Recognize the inherent duty and responsibility to assist in all aspects of patient care related to Physician's specialty and assist the SMG Board and/or Hospital's Vice President, SMG in seeing that these needs are met in accordance with the Sparrow Way principles.
Job Requirements General Requirements• Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with patients, families, physicians and other hospital associates. Preferred. • Ability to effectively supervise, train and communicate with advanced practice providers. Preferred. • Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.Work Experience• Hospital-based or clinic-based care. Preferred.Education• MD or DO • Eligible for Board Certification within 5 years of Residency/fellowship completion • Michigan Physician Licensure
Sparrow Cardio/Vascular and Thoracic Surgery Group (SCVTS), the premier Cardio/Vascular and Thoracic surgery group of Sparrow Health System (SHS), is seeking two Vascular Surgeons to join its program in Lansing, Michigan. SCVTS delivers exceptional quality care in a diverse and family friendly community. SHS and SCVTS are committed to improving access to medical care across the Mid-Michigan region.
- 1:3 call (APPs take first call)
- 500-600 vascular cases per year
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- 600 plus bed hospital
- Premier health organization in mid-Michigan
- EPIC EMR
- Big Ten University city
- Top performer in quality initiatives
- Membership in the Mayo Clinic Care Network connects Sparrow physicians with Mayo Clinic experts through eConsults and additional clinical resources
Positions are hospital employed and offer:
- Excellent compensation and benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Relocation assistance, 401(k) with matching funds, generous CME benefits
- Malpractice insurance that includes tail coverage
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Physicians & Advanced Practice Providers Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level MD/DO Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website