Job Opportunity Job ID: 20434 Unix/Linux, Storage, Backup, Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Systems Administrator Associate works in a fast-paced, innovative healthcare environment leveraging technology to get better outcomes for patients and to solve business challenges. Under general supervision, collaborates with stakeholders to understand their business requirements and analyzes and optimizes information systems to meet those needs.
Works with technical and business teams to understand, support, administer, implement and improve various technical systems.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Participate in supporting, administering, analyzing, designing, and implementing technical systems through upgrades, configuration changes, and error management
- Participate in periodic on-call rotation and go-live/variable evening hours for project related work
- Troubleshoot systems issues, identify root cause and work with customers to implement resolution
- Complex problem solving within technical systems
- Support small and medium scale optimization related projects
- Coordinate with stakeholders to manage priorities and identify new opportunities to drive workflow automation and seamless integration between systems
- Participate in project teams for selection, implementation, and maintenance of information technology to support the strategic plans of the health system
- Escalates issues to vendors when appropriate
- Performs important operational tasks that are typically defined in standard operating procedures or other documentation
- Applies basic technical skills to perform job responsibilities and consistently seeks additional knowledge and expertise
- Actively seeks new relationships and opportunities for collaboration
- Eager to learn from others and demonstrates a strong interest in how things work
- Develops time management and organizational skills and keeps manager informed of delays and potential problems
- Seeks to understand how own work contributes to the business
- Actively seeks development opportunities and feedback regarding relevant capabilities
Job Requirements Work Experience• Must pass technical and analytic skills assessmentsEducationBachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent OR an Associate's degree in relevant field with 2+ years of IT experience Specialized Knowledge and SkillsSkills & Abilities: • Desire for meaningful work and real responsibility • Ambitious and motivated to grow professionally • Demonstrable problem-solving skills and analytic aptitude • Strong written and verbal communications skills • Strong interpersonal skills • Professionalism, good judgment and ability to multitask • Customer service skills • Positive attitude Knowledge, Skills and Experience Preferred • Experience in Red Hat Linux system administration • Experience in scripting languages • Experience with Veritas NetBackup or other enterprise backup software • Knowledge of networking, security, and firewalls • Knowledge of best practice disaster recovery and business continuity strategies • Customer service or analytic experience in a healthcare or IT environment
Candidates please note: A series of assessments are a required part of the consideration process for all positions in the IT Department.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran statusJob Family Information Technology Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Full-time Facility Match Any Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website