Job Opportunity Job ID: 20263 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Under Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Under the supervision of the Exercise Specialist Team Leader the Exercise Physiologist is responsible for patient care in all the areas of Graded Exercise Stress Testing/EKG tracings and EECP Therapy. He/She will fulfill the objective(s) as put forth by the TCI Division of Sparrow Hospital.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Graded Exercise Testing (Treadmills, Myocarial Perfusion studies including Pharmacological studies): performing stress testing on patients; which includes, attaching tracers on the patient, instructing patient, running necessary equipment and producing accurate tracings; recognizing and identifying problems during testing which are by nature technical, and notifying the physician according to procedure; obtaining patient history, medications, illnesses, cardiovascular disease risk factors and exercise history; explanation of testing procedures/significance and safety precaution issues with patients; follow procedures for the involvement of Radionuclide with graded exercise testing as well as procedures for monitoring of non-exercise pharmacological cardiovascular study; measurement of appropriate parameters; handling paperwork associated with stress testing including: EKG monitoring responsibilities, heart rate response, systolic/diastolic blood pressures, pulse pressure product, ability to interpret the exercise electrocardiogram and communicating with the appropriate physician, according to TCI Sparrow Procedures.
- Facilitate emergency response as needed, which may include but not limited to: performing or assisting with CPR/ACLS protocols, notifying receptionist of emergency situation to insure that 911 is called, obtaining necessary emergency equipment, assisting the attending physician as needed, continuous recording of electrocardiographic tracings as needed.
- Complete all GEMMS/Heart Centrix documentation within the EMR system.
- Perform EECP therapy; which includes monitoring, motivating, educating end stage cardiac patients during their seven week course of treatment.
- Perform holter monitoring services as needed.
- Related duties as needed such as: ordering stress testing/EECP supplies and linen, responsible for checking crash cart, defibrillator, oxygen tanks; transporting patients as needed; cleaning treadmill rooms daily; rotate shifts as necessary
Projects as assigned.Job Requirements General RequirementsBCLS, ACLS (ACLS may be obtained within one year of employment)Work ExperienceCompletion of a 4-6 month internship in preventative, diagnostic, and rehabilitative cardiology course Experience with EMR systems preferred EducationBachelor's degree in Exercise Science/Health related degree Completion of an Advanced Arrhythmia/12 lead EKG interpretation Specialized Knowledge and SkillsKnowledge of computer systems, programs and applications Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job. Knowledge of EECP Therapy preferred
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Per Diem Facility Thoracic Cardiovascular Institute Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website