Job Opportunity Job ID: 10200 Sparrow Specialty Long Term Acute Care Hospital Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
Purpose of Job:
The Speech- Language Pathologist (SLP) provides professional speech language pathology services for the care and treatment of patients. The SLP evaluates and administers treatments to patients experiencing speech/language, language-based cognition, and/or swallowing difficulties to maximize patient's communication and/or swallowing abilities. The SLP promotes the health and well-being of the people we serve.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, assess, and plan appropriate treatment of patient upon referral, and establish reasonable goals with the patient and/or family.
- Educate the patient and/or caregivers about findings of the evaluation, co-established goals, method of treatment and the results of treatment and instructs patients and/or family members in home programs.
- Perform treatments according to the established plan, utilizing all available equipment and techniques, prepare treatment plans and schedule patient to provide for individual patient needs within the scope of speech/language pathology.
- Document in the medical record according to established criteria.
- Re-evaluate patients, assess progress, revise goals to help patients reach their full potential. Make recommendations as to discharge planning.
- Communicate with other health care professionals, including patient referral sources, verbally and in writing.
- Lead or direct the activities of Rehab Aides, students and volunteers. Ensuring that department policies and procedures are upheld and that quality patient care is provided.
- Participates in the exchange of information with other associates within and outside the department.
- Ensuring that department policies and procedures are upheld and that quality patient care is provided.
- Participates in the accreditation process.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement activities within department, health system and/or community.
- Compliance with Infection Control Standards, including Standard/Universal Precautions, Hand Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Assist with departmental maintenance, supplies and environmental safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of unit specific equipment and appropriate supplies used to deliver the highest quality patient care.
- Schedules work hours according to patients' needs in cooperation with other Speech-Language Pathology staff.
- Prepares daily therapy schedule and coordinates schedule with other disciplines.
- Acts as liaison between members of the healthcare team, patients and patient's families.
- Serves as a clinical resource for questions and provides supportive education as indicated.
- Takes telephone orders from physicians per policy using “Read back” requirement.
- Attendance at weekly Interdisciplinary Team meeting.
- Completes occurrence reports as necessary and reports to Charge RN or supervisor.
- Follows established HIPPA privacy procedures when using and/or disclosing protected health information.
- Maintains and protects patients' rights under the HIPPA privacy standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Specialty Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website