Job Opportunity Job ID: 23643 Sparrow Specialty Long Term Acute Care Hospital Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
Purpose of Job:
The Physical Therapist provides professional physical therapy services for the care and treatment of patients. The Physical Therapist evaluates patients, plans treatment programs and performs physical therapy procedures to restore function, prevent disability, reduce pain, maximize potential and quality of life following disease, injury or surgery. Promotes the health and well being of the people we serve.
. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and assess patients based upon the referral. Establish reasonable goals with patient and/or family.
- Provide patient and/or caregiver education about the results of the evaluation, method of treatment and the results of treatment. Instruct patients and/or family members in home programs.
- Perform treatment according to the established plan, utilizing all available modalities, equipment and techniques within the scope of physical therapy.
- Performs medical record documentation according to established criteria.
- Re-evaluate patients, assesses their progress, and make recommendations as to their discharge planning.
- Provides consultation, assessment, and treatment of wounds as appropriate.
- Communicate with other health care professionals, including patient referral sources, verbally and in writing.
- Lead or direct the activities of physical therapist assistants, aides, students and volunteers, ensuring that department policies and procedures are enforced and that quality patient care is provided.
- Ensuring that department policies and procedures are upheld and that quality patient care is provided.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement activities within department, health system and/or community.
- Participates in the accreditation process.
- Compliance with Infection Control Standards, including Standard/Universal Precautions, Hand Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Assist with departmental maintenance, supplies and environmental safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of unit specific equipment and appropriate supplies used to deliver the highest quality patient care.
- Schedules work hours according to patients' needs in cooperation with other Physical Therapy staff.
- Prepares daily therapy schedule and coordinates schedule with other disciplines.
- Acts as liaison between members of the healthcare team, patients and patient's families.
- Serves as a clinical resource for questions and provides supportive education as indicated.
- Takes telephone orders from physicians per policy using “Read back” requirement.
- Attendance at weekly Interdisciplinary Team meeting.
- Completes occurrence reports as necessary and reports to Charge RN or supervisor.
- Follows established HIPPA privacy procedures when using and/or disclosing protected health information.
- Maintains and protects patients' rights under the HIPPA privacy standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Doctorate Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Specialty Hospital Experience Level 4-9 Years
Apply on company website