Job Opportunity Job ID: 19615 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Under Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MIJob Description
General Purpose of Job:
Under direct supervision, performs, clerical tasks associated with community pharmacy practice, including greeting patrons, cash and charge transactions, preparation of cash outs and deposits, and general store merchandising.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Operates cash register for all cash and charge transactions.
- Performs daily cash out procedures and prepares all deposits for bank.
- Performs receptionist functions, including greeting customers, answering the telephone and directing calls appropriately.
- Files prescriptions, looks up patient information in the computer and inputs accounts payable/receivable records.
- Maintains stock and checks in and labels “front-end” merchandise, including pop, candy, cards, gift items and promotional sales merchandise.
- Checks for expired items, prepares special and seasonal promotional sale signs in the store.
Maintains store appearance.Job Requirements General RequirementsNoneWork ExperienceMinimum of 1 year experience in retail sales Previous experience in pharmacy retail sales preferredEducationHigh School diploma or GED Specialized Knowledge and SkillsAbility to operate office equipment such as telephones, and cash registers Demonstrated excellent communication skills, verbal and written Demonstrated ability to work with ever-changing priorities and deadlines Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Part-time Benefit Eligible Facility Sparrow Pharmacy Plus Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website