Job Opportunity Job ID: 19875 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Assumes Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MIJob Description
General Purpose of Job:
Assumes full responsibility for evaluating patient's need for therapy to restore function, prevent disability, and maximize potential and quality of life in the areas of speech, language, swallowing, feeding, cognitive, and oral motor performance. Plans and executes individual treatment programs in accordance with the State of Michigan licensure and SLP scope of practice. Keeps treatment skills upgraded through continuing education, evidence based research, and program development. Perform job responsibilities in accordance with the program's strategic objectives and goals to carry out organizational strategic objectives.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Perform speech therapy patient evaluations.
- Develop realistic , functional goals mutually agreed upon with the patient/family. Treatment goals should be interdisciplinary and patient-centered whenever possible.
- Employ principles of teaching and learning to educate patients and their families in the knowledge and skills that promote restoration of function for optimal performance both cognitively and to improve swallow function.
- Perform speech/dysphagia treatment, according to the established plan, utilizing all available modalities, equipment and techniques within the scope of speech therapy.
- Document patient's status and progress through initial evaluation, progress notes and discharge summary according to established internal/external time standards and adherence to reimbursement guidelines.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient's care, rehabilitation programs, and related rehabilitation activities.
- Actively participate in case conference, care rounds, and family meetings to progress patient toward rehab goals and discharge planning.
- Re-evaluate patients, assess their progress, and make recommendations as to their discharge planning.
- Revise treatment plan as necessary. Reviews revised goals with patient and family as appropriate.
- Maintain professional standards by participating in inservices and hospital/department requirements.
- Delegates, directs, and supervises implementation of care to PCTs, rehab support staff, students and interns according to established criteria.
- Participates in planning for patient discharge by considering and communicating with patient, family, community support/services and environmental limitations.
- Follows all hospital policy and procedures related to infection control.
- Meets or exceeds program productivity expectations.
- Provides discipline specific coverage (following cross training) within Sparrow Hospital system as requested.
- Supports program operations as assigned.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- May serve as a clinical instructor for speech therapy students. Supervises, teaches, and evaluates skills of students and volunteers. Communicates with participating universities regarding skill levels of students.
- May participate in program development as assigned.
- May participate in orientation and training of new staff.
- Assists in maintaining clean and orderly treatment areas.
- Demonstrates competence in relevant software and hardware required to meet job responsibilities.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Master's Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level 4-9 Years
Apply on company website