Job Opportunity Job ID: 24164 Positions Location: Charlotte, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Directs and controls, through subordinates personnel, the provision of services with the organization after hours. Maintains compliance with the organization's policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- Represents administrative/management functions after hours and is responsible for assuring adequate staffing levels and resources, training staff, participating in evaluation of staff performance, and addressing employee relations issues.
- Coordinates and assures adequate, competent staffing coverage in a safe and cost effective manner after hours.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates departmental objectives, policies, procedures and standards; assists in revising work systems and procedures as necessary to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Assures compliance with accreditation and regulatory standards and hospital policies; initiates corrective action as necessary or communicates to those responsible for initiating such action in a timely manner.
- Works cooperatively and maintains communication with all hospital departments and external parties to facilitate quality patient care, improve processes, and exchange information. Communicates with Directors/Administrators, as appropriate, regarding issues identified while on duty.
- Empowers staff to participate in decision-making. Supports and models evidence based practice, and contributes ideas to it.
- Evaluates quality, outcomes, and appropriateness of care delivery. Accepts accountability for services provided.
- Facilitates patient transfers to other facilities and after hour's surgery.
- Identifies and seeks professional learning opportunities. Provides and/or supports opportunities for learning for staff members in collaboration with other Leadership Team members.
- Supports and services as a role model for our mission, vision, values and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization's policies and procedures, and compliance guidelines. Uses nursing code of ethics with interpretative statements to guide professional practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Registered Nurses/Nursing Leadership Requirements: Shift Match Any Degree Type / Education Level Associate Status Part-time Benefit Eligible Facility Sparrow Eaton Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website