Job Opportunity Job ID: 18982 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MIJob Description
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for supporting Customer Service & Respiratory goals and objectives by interacting directly with respiratory patients to meet their needs, relay information, provide instruction, verify insurance coverage and resolve inquiries and issues.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Responds to incoming telephone inquiries from respiratory customers who have questions, wish to place orders or have referrals.
- Acts as primary contact to walk-in respiratory customers and meets their needs in a professional manner.
- Consistently follows policies and procedures for CPAP and BIPAP set-ups and patient/caregiver instructions of respiratory-related equipment for walk-in customers.
- Completes orders by selecting the appropriate respiratory product from shelf or, if product is not readily available, contacts a Warehouse Technician for assistance.
- Inputs customer demographics and insurance information into TIMS database system.
- Instructs customer on appropriate use and maintenance of respiratory equipment, including but not limited to CPAP and BIPAP machines and humidifiers.
- Performs CPAP mask fittings, as required.
- Meets established time frames/deadlines relative to patient follow-ups, documentation ,etc. Contacts patients to schedule appointments.
- Communicates with customer's physician, if required, regarding changes in customer's condition in order to meet customer's needs and adjust plan of care or plan of treatment, as directed by the physician.
- Routinely makes arrangements with out-of-town companies for oxygen deliveries to traveling respiratory patients to assure continuity of care.
- Performs training on respiratory supplies, as applicable.
- Seeks supervisory assistance to resolve complex customer issues.
- Possesses good understanding of respiratory product, prices and location of such
- Assists Customer Service Representatives, Service Technicians and Registered Respiratory Therapists, as required.
- Assists Service Technicians by maintaining oxygen equipment for designated patients and traveling to patient's home to service oxygen equipment and to conduct patient assessment.
- Ensures adequate inventory of respiratory-related equipment is on site.
- Educates customers on Patient/Client Bill of Rights and Responsibilities of the Patient/Client and, if applicable, ensures customer is advised of payment due.
- Understands and follows insurance guidelines for respiratory equipment.
- Consistently complies with regulatory, Joint Commission, and ISO standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and consistent compliance to policy and procedure manuals.
Adheres to Corporate Compliance Policies including, but not limited to, current Medicaid regulations.Job Requirements General RequirementsnoneWork ExperienceMinimum two years experience in a customer service position, preferably in medical supply or other health environment. Prior experience with CPAP/BIPAP machines and suppliesEducationHigh school diploma or GEDSpecialized Knowledge and SkillsAbility to be trained on use of oxygen trans filler and oxygen analyzer Demonstrated knowledge of database software programs. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Demonstrated people-sensitive characteristics with a genuine desire to help others. ICD-9 coding and medical terminology preferred
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Administrative/Clerical Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Medical Supply Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website