Job Opportunity Job ID: 24210 Positions Location: Ionia, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Ionia, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for providing professional nursing services and intravenous chemotherapy and chemotherapy infusions to the patients in the Oncology practice. The registered nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care in conjunction with and under the supervision of the physician according to policies, procedures, and standards of care.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provides direct patient care under established protocols and under the supervision and direction of a physician.
- Plans, implements, directs, delegates and evaluates patient care throughout department.
- Assists physicians during procedures.
- Monitors patients per protocol.
- Initiates appropriate nursing care and assists with medical care.
- Obtains venous access via peripheral vein, tunneled catheter, and/or implanted port.
- Administers chemotherapy via appropriate routes.
- Provides patient and family teaching related to Oncology procedures, surgeries, chemotherapy treatments, lab and diagnostic procedures, and symptom management.
- Documents patient care according to policy.
- Maintains appropriate and accurate written record of patient interactions, including telephone messages.
- Schedules appropriate lab/diagnostic procedures.
- Shares relevant information concerning the patient's condition with the physician, manager, and other medical staff, as appropriate and indicated to ensure continuity of care.
- Coordinates care with the individual patient, family and other health care providers as necessary.
- Communicates with physicians and assists with follow-up on abnormal laboratory and diagnostic test results.
- Interacts with pharmacists to order prescriptions.
- Maintains equipment, supplies, and environmental safety.
- Assumes preceptor role for new associates and/or students.
- Maintains professional and practice standards by participating in in-services, staff meetings, and educational opportunities including committee involvement.
- Assists in developing and implementing quality control and practice policies.
- Works closely with the Department Manager to assess office needs and workflow improvement projects.
- Assists with special projects as required by practice.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Registered Nurses/Nursing Leadership Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Associate Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Ionia Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website