Job Opportunity Job ID: 29817 Positions Location: Ionia, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Under the Description:
Positions Location: Ionia, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Under the supervision of the Cardio-Respiratory Manager, the Registered Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing respiratory care and EKG services in accordance with specific physician's orders and department policies and procedures. Therapist is also responsible for Evidential Breath Testing (EBT) and facilitation of testing such as Sleep Studies.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all department procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all department equipment, including its function, indications for use, physiologic effects upon the patient, and proper maintenance procedures.
- Maintain knowledge in the various methods of oxygen delivery and the equipment needed for each. Be alert for the possible side effects to oxygen delivery.
- Administer Respiratory Therapy treatments, understanding the purpose and possible side effects.
- Set up and monitor mechanical ventilators and the associated critical care duties required, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
- Perform arterial puncture, with a thorough knowledge of possible complications (requires annual certification by department medical director).
- Be competent in department cleaning procedures.
- Maintain current Breath Alcohol Technician (BAT) certification. Performs EBT's as required.
- Follows department safety guidelines. Knows location and use of emergency devices.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level Associate Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Ionia Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website