Job Opportunity Job ID: 24178 Positions Location: Portland, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: The Description:
Positions Location: Portland, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The registration of outpatients in a timely and efficient manner. Verifies insurance, performs point-of-service cash collection, discharges patients following appropriate protocols, and provides customer service duties in a proactive and professional manner.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Interacts with patients, family, healthcare providers and office staff to provide customer service, which meets and exceeds the needs of our patients and other customers.
- Performs all-encompassing registration and discharge duties for our patient customers.
- Coordinates appointment scheduling and appointment reminder calls as needed.
- Verifies insurance eligibility.
- Collects payments for co-pays, deductibles, and other patient balances.
- Collects all demographic and financial information in an accurate and professional manner.
- Assures the accuracy of all patient encounter forms associated with the patient visit.
- Assists with the training and continuing education of staff as needed.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Administrative/Clerical Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Ionia Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website