Job Opportunity Job ID: 22781 Positions Location: Ionia, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Prescribe Description:
Positions Location: Ionia, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Prescribe ionizing radiation under the legal written or verbal orders of a health care provider; produce and administer roentgen rays to patients while performing routine diagnostic procedures and diagnostic radiographic examinations in accordance to established standards and practices. Provide patient services using a variety of imaging modalities. Perform clerical duties as required and participate in departmental Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI).
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Prepares rooms, equipment, contrast and materials as needed to deliver patient care in a hospital environment.
- Administers both oral and IV approved contrasts to patients.
- Maintains sterile fields when appropriate.
- Cleans and disinfects radiology areas to include rooms and equipment.
- Reviews examination requests. Responsible for all technical and general aspects of patient care within their scope of practice.
- Prepares patient for radiology procedures; explains procedures, transports and transfers patients to and from departments, rooms and examination tables. Positions patients, and assists patients at the end of procedures.
- Follows prescribed techniques in administering general and specific x-rays (adjusts equipment; determines proper radiographic techniques; arranges immobilization and support devices to obtain position of patient; using and adjusting lead shielding of patients as appropriate).
- Develops film or image using an automatic processing, CR or DR techniques.
- Observes patient and machine during procedure and reports any unusual occurrences.
- Evaluates images for accuracy and technical quality.
- Assists radiologists and other technologists during difficult procedures.
- Upon training, provides advanced skills in Mammography, CT and Bone Density.
- Maintain schedules, logs and billing of patients using a Radiology Information System (RIS).
- Maintains stock supplies and performs general office duties.
- Prepares and schedules patients for examinations.
- Prepares material, supplies, jackets and most recent examination for next day procedures.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Match Any Degree Type / Education Level Associate Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Ionia Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website