Job Opportunity Job ID: 22437 Positions Location: Ionia, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Follow Description:
Positions Location: Ionia, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Follow established procedures, obtains, processes and distributes blood and urine specimens for clinical laboratory analysis (pre-analytical). Performs CLIA waived laboratory testing according to established procedures.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Verifies patient identity and performs venipunctures, blood cultures, drug screen collection and micro techniques accurately and efficiently following established procedures, including proper labeling of specimens.
- Operates computers to verify collections, order tests, create specimen tracking lists, collection lists and retrieve data.
- Operate centrifuges, process samples for testing on site and at reference laboratories and related duties according to established procedures.
- Performs waived testing such as a macroscopic urinalysis according to established procedures.
- Prioritizes workload to maximize efficiency while meeting patient and physician needs. Works independently and as part of a team to meet laboratory objectives and goals.
- Restocks and orders all necessary supplies in order to maintain established stock levels.
- Responsible for answering telephone calls for the laboratory including patient result status, physician office inquiries, specimen collection requirements and communicate additional information as needed.
- Understands basic patient insurance information, diagnoses and billing processes.
- Performs additional duties at the direction of the Laboratory Manager or professional staff.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Patient Services/Nursing Support Requirements: Shift Match Any Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Ionia Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website