Job Opportunity Job ID: 23162 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: The Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Regional Special Gifts Officer serves as a key representative of the Sparrow Foundation across the Sparrow Health System, with direct responsibility of serving those constituents with a record of or a potential for, major gifts and planned gifts. This vital role leads the organization, implementation, and direction of a robust, high-performing major gifts program for the Sparrow Foundation, working with individuals across the region and beyond to secure dynamic philanthropic support for Sparrow. This individual achieves impact by building lasting relationships that secure the special gifts - major gifts and planned gifts - that result when the interests of donors are aligned with the most important needs of Sparrow in caring for our community today and tomorrow. This individual will embrace Sparrow Health System's mission, vision and values as mid-Michigan's premier healthcare provider and serve as a key part of the Sparrow Foundation Development Team, demonstrating the highest level of professional actions, personal integrity and commitment to philanthropy.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Develops and implements both annual and long-range goals, objectives, and strategies to meet the philanthropic needs of identified service lines consistent with overall strategic plans of Sparrow.
- Builds and manages a robust major gift program focused on acquisition and retention of individual donors across the region and beyond.
- Culitvate a portfolio of prospects capable of making special gifts ($25,000+), develop individual strategies and solicit gifts from them, matching their interests to needs.
- Maintain donor commitments through regular cultivation and stewardship to ensure they remain connected to and confident in their investments in Sparrow. Keep them informed of the outcomes of their gifts, and other key investments and opportunities being addressed by the health system.
- Travel throughout the region and beyond to manage the special gifts program in the most efficient means possible with emphasis on at least 10 substantive personal visits each month, utilizing technology, tools and resources as needed to help achieve goals.
- Engage Sparrow executives and clinical leaders as prospect development resources to create thoughtful and fundamentally sound development plans, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- Work closely with the VP, Sparrow Foundation, to develop and implement succesful capital campaigns. Supports the achievement of all Sparrow Foundation goals, attending events and activities as directed.
- Work with all members of the Foundation team in a positive manner to help coach and advise on fundraising strategies.
- Serves as an ambassador, raising the visibility of Sparrow by representing the Foundation positively at external community activities, while identifying donor prospects and supporting donor stewardship.
- Actively uses the Raiser's Edge database to track and report on activities and outcomes.
- Stay current on charitable giving news and information to align with best practices in fund development.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Management/Professional Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level 4-9 Years
Apply on company website