Job Opportunity Job ID: 22607 Positions Location: Ionia, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: To apply and promote Description:
Positions Location: Ionia, MI
General Purpose of Job:
To apply and promote contemporary, evidence-based infection prevention and practice standards to programs and projects across the health system.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and skill in the area of infection prevention, control and epidemiology.
- Collects, reviews, and analyzes surveillance data related to communicable diseases, healthcare acquired infections and organisms of concern. Coordinates and maintains basic data sets for infection prevention programs. Refer to Appendix A for Core job duties.
- Conducts surveillance and/or investigate potential infectious outbreaks within the Health System. Based on trends, establishes prevention interventions and new surveillance as indicated based on organizations data and literature.
- Produces line lists, charts and graphs, and other summaries related to HAI data, surveillance and performance improvement activities for review, presentations and reports.
- Assesses educational and training needs, develop, coordinate and provide education and training related to Infection Prevention, including Associate/Nursing/Resident orientation, for the Sparrow Health System, and general public.
- Functions as liaison with public health agencies and other community organizations such as schools as related to infection prevention activities, outbreaks and reportable conditions.
- Provides consultation to Occupational Health Service and other Health System units and committees regarding occupational health, infectious exposures, sharp safety and outbreak investigations.
- Assists with emergency preparedness and participates in emergency preparedness exercises.
- Conducts Infection Control Risk Assessments for construction and renovation projects and assist in avoiding/reducing infectious hazards related to construction, renovation and maintenance. Monitor prevention measure implementation. Acquire and maintain current knowledge of construction and design standards as well as related infection prevention practice.
- Maintains current knowledge and carry out Infection Control requirements as specified by OSHA/MIOSHA regulations, designated accreditation organizations, health department licensing and regulations, and public health guidelines.
- Acts as a resource to the general public and medical community regarding infection prevention.
- Participates in Health System based committees and provides infection prevention guidance as indicated.
- Provides leadership for and facilitate the Sparrow System Infection Control Resource (Liaison) Committee program and related activities such as safety fairs and associate competency fairs.
- Assists with Infection Prevention policy and procedure development and distribution.
- Travels between different Sparrow Health System settings to support Infection Control and Accreditation programs as requested.
- Serves on Sparrow Health System committees related to accreditation.
- Assists as directed with education on regulatory accreditation standards.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of infrastructure and environment to support continual readiness.
- Provides education to promote regulatory compliance.
- Assist with the completion of mock surveys (FSA) and work with readiness team to address vulnerabilities or gaps
- Assists with the review, and revision of survey application.
- Assists with preparation for the health system accreditation readiness team meetings
- Assists with the health system mock survey process.
- Assists with an annual assessment of accreditation readiness, including recommendations for improvements.
- Participate in other survey-related activities as required.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Management/Professional Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website