Job Opportunity Job ID: 27994 Full Time, Day Shift, Mon-Fri Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides direct occupational therapy services for department patients. Serves as a consultant to other professionals involved in patient care.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provides occupational therapy evaluations and treatment services to patients as prescribed by the physician.
- Develops a treatment plan delineating long and short-term goals based on the results of the evaluation. Interprets to the patient and family the evaluations results, the goals and methods of treatment, and the expected results of treatment; involves the patient and family in goal setting.
- Teaches appropriate procedures and supportive activities to patients and caregivers; interprets to the patient and family the evaluation results, the method of treatment, and the anticipated results of the treatment consistent with the care prescribed by the physician; teaches appropriate procedures, safety practices, and supportive activities to patient and family members; helps the family to accept responsibility for providing care.
- Recommends addition or modifications of equipment, appliances, and the physical environment of the patient's home.
- Confers periodically with attending physicians regarding their patient's progress, the physical and emotional conditions and reactions to treatment, and social and physical factors in the environment that affect patient care.
- Provides families with information, support, and encouragement to motivate them to participate actively in rehabilitation process.
- Maintains necessary records, assessments, progress notes, and clinical conference notes on a timely basis for incorporation into patient's clinical records.
- Coordinates occupational therapy services with the interdisciplinary team; consults with the other professionals as necessary provides advisory and consultation services to other staff.
- Demonstrates rehabilitation procedures and supportive activities on selected patients to other treatment team members responsible for follow up services.
- Instructs and supervises COTA's in the provision of care for patients after initial evaluations per insurance guidelines and agency policy.
- Instructs HHA staff in home exercise program where appropriate and conducts HHA supervisory visits when RN or PT services are not / no longer involved.
- Maintains professional standards, compliance with State, Federal (CMS conditions of participation) and Joint Commission regulations, and infection control protocol by participating in in-services, staff meetings, process improvement teams, continuing education seminars when available, and adhering to the SHC expectations \u2013 standards of care guidelines.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Home Care Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website