Job Opportunity Job ID: 20039 Positions Location: Lansing, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
The Home Care Nurse provides direct nursing care, treatment, and health instructions to patients in their homes .
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Assess patient's condition and initiates appropriate nursing and/or medical care in accordance with established policies, physician orders and according to patient centered goals.
- In collaboration with the patient's physician and patient, develops and implements a plan of care based upon the assessment of the patient.
- Observes, assesses, and reports to physician and other assigned personnel signs and symptoms of disease process, changes in the patient's physical and/or emotional condition, and patient's response to the therapeutic regime.
- Demonstrates, teaches, and supervises the patient, family members, and/or caregivers in patient care and treatment procedures.
- Evaluates the patient's response to care, updates physician and other pertinent caregivers, and reassesses on an ongoing basis the condition and needs of the patient.
- Completes required documentation according to agency policy.
- Supervises Agency Ancillary staff such as HHA and LPN, including preparing a Home Health Aide Care Plan and monitors both Home Health Aide Care Plan and Nursing Care Plan implementation.
- Maintains equipment, supplies, and environment in a safe manner.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in nursing and home care.
- As an RN Case Manager, assures communication of patient's plan of care is carried out and goals are appropriate for patient's condition and visit plan is effective.
- Maintains professional standards, compliance with State, Federal (CMS conditions of participation), and Joint Commission regulations, and infection control protocol by participating in in-services, staff meetings, process improvement teams, continuing education seminars when available, and adhering to the SHC expectations – standards of care guidelines.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Registered Nurses/Nursing Leadership Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Associate Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Home Care Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website