Job Opportunity Job ID: 29869 Positions Location: Charlotte, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Provides direct Description:
Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides direct nursing care for defined patient population. Delivers safe, cost-effective, patient-centered care in a timely, efficient and equitable manner. Contributes to quality patient outcomes by assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating patient care.
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient\u2019s health initially and on an ongoing basis as indicated. Prioritizes data collection based on patient condition.
- Analyzes data to identify nursing diagnosis and patient needs.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or situation. Modifies expected outcomes based on changes in patient status.
- Develops a patient plan of care that prescribes strategies to reach expected outcomes. Implements and coordinates care delivery among the clinical disciplines and documents those activities.
- Evaluates effectiveness of plan and interventions related to patient responses and expected outcomes.
- Educates patients, families, significant others using methods appropriate to the situation and considering patient\u2019s learning needs, readiness to learn, and culture.
- Participates in quality improvement activities. Demonstrates quality by documenting the application of nursing process in a safe, accountable and ethical manner.
- Uses and integrates current research findings and other evidence to maintain and demonstrate competency, enhance role performance, and increase knowledge of professional issues. Contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
- Provides age appropriate care in a culturally and ethically sensitive manner using current research and other evidence as the basis for patient care.
- Collaborates with patient, patient\u2019s family, and other disciplines in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs as required.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization\u2019s policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines. Uses the Code of Ethics for Nurses with interpretive statements to guide professional practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements General Requirements\u2022 Valid State of Michigan RN License \u2022 CPR/BCLS certification \u2022 ACLS within six months \u2022 Completion of telemetry competency within eight weeksWork Experience\u2022 None Education\u2022 Associates degree in NursingSpecialized Knowledge and Skills\u2022 Knowledge of nursing theory and techniques \u2022 Knowledge of accrediting and regulatory standards and hospital policies related to the provision of nursing care including HIPAA confidentiality and TJC mandates \u2022 Written and computer skills necessary to prepare required documentation \u2022 Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians, and health care professionals in the exchange of information. The incumbent is also required to handle problem situations in a tactful, courteous and respectful manner \u2022 Skills necessary to provide guidance, training, prioritize and review the work of assigned staff \u2022 Analytical ability to assess patient\u2019s progress and to determine appropriate intervention based on nursing theory and incorporation of patient and physician goals \u2022 Mental ability to complete required documentation in a timely manner, deal with the concerns and emotional needs of patients and their families, and appropriately respond to stressful/emergency situations \u2022 Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Registered Nurses/Nursing Leadership Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Associate Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website