Job Opportunity Job ID: 23883 Positions Location: Charlotte, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides direct nursing care for defined patient population. Delivers safe, cost-effective, patient-centered care in a timely, efficient and equitable manner. Contributes to quality patient outcomes by assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating patient care.
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health initially and on an ongoing basis as indicated. Prioritizes data collection based on patient condition.
- Analyzes data to identify nursing diagnosis and patient needs.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or situation. Modifies expected outcomes based on changes in patient status.
- Develops a patient plan of care that prescribes strategies to reach expected outcomes. Implements and coordinates care delivery among the clinical disciplines and documents those activities.
- Evaluates effectiveness of plan and interventions related to patient responses and expected outcomes.
- Educates patients, families, significant others using methods appropriate to the situation and considering patient's learning needs, readiness to learn, and culture.
- Participates in quality improvement activities. Demonstrates quality by documenting the application of nursing process in a safe, accountable and ethical manner.
- Uses and integrates current research findings and other evidence to maintain and demonstrate competency, enhance role performance, and increase knowledge of professional issues. Contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
- Provides age appropriate care in a culturally and ethically sensitive manner using current research and other evidence as the basis for patient care.
- Collaborates with patient, patient's family, and other disciplines in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs as required.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization's policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines. Uses the Code of Ethics for Nurses with interpretive statements to guide professional practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Registered Nurses/Nursing Leadership Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level Associate Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Eaton Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website