Job Opportunity Job ID: 29885 Positions Location: Charlotte, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Collects specimens from patients and processes specimens for testing, storage, or to be sent to outside labs in accordance with established procedures.
Collects specimens from patients and processes specimens (blood, urine, stool, tissues, etc) for testing, storage, or to be sent to outside labs in accordance with established procedures.
- Explains specimen collection procedures to patients and their families.
- Maintains required records and documentation.
- Performs follow-up on redraws, missing specimens, and incorrect tests.
- Assists in maintaining work areas; cleans equipment/instruments, restocks supplies, and orders supplies as necessary including specimen collection supplies for other departments.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks in support of the department including, but not limited to, patient registration, answering phones, maintaining files, and faxing/mailing lab reports to physician offices as directed.
- Trains newly hired laboratory staff, staff from other departments, and students as required in specimen collection and processing.
- Assists patients with wardrobe for blood draws and urine collection as needed.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service programs.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization\u2019s policies & procedures, and compliance guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website