Job Opportunity Job ID: 24052 Positions Location: Charlotte, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Oversees the operation of the Pharmacy Department. Develops and administers all policies and procedures related to the storage and distribution of drugs in such a way as to ensure the prompt and accurate distribution of drugs to patients and to ensure compliance with the laws relating to the storage and distribution of drugs. Interviews, participates in hiring, disciplining, and oversees the work of all employees in the department. Oversees the purchasing of supplies and equipment. Develops, secures approval for, and administers capital and operational budgets for the department.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Oversees the overall operation of the Pharmacy Department. Develops, implements, monitors and administers all policies and procedures of the department as well as policies and procedures related to drugs and other pharmaceutical supplies for other hospital departments,(including Physician offices), to ensure the prompt and accurate distribution of drugs to patients and to ensure compliance with the laws relating to the storage and distribution of drugs.
- Develops and/or recommends all long and short-term goals for the department. Develops and implements new pharmacy programs and services. Prepares and secures approval for and administers capital expense and operating budgets for the department. Prepares periodic reports on budgets for the monthly budget summaries and takes appropriate corrective action as indicated. Determines the need for and purchases capital equipment. Oversees the purchasing of supplies as well as the monitoring of inventory levels to ensure that all needed items are in adequate supply.
- Determines staffing needs of department. Personally interviews, hires, evaluates, disciplines, and recommends discharges. Supervises the work of all personnel in the department. Counsels subordinate personnel, assisting them with employee relations and organizational problems. Conducts performance evaluations as required. Implements, oversees and evaluates orientation and in-service training programs for all categories of Pharmacy personnel.
- Maintains permanent records of controlled substances and prepares an annual report relating to controlled substances to regulatory agencies. Maintains records relating to the storage and use of experimental drugs. Assures compliance with pharmacy-related regulations of accrediting agencies. Ensures currency of all operating licenses and licenses of all registered personnel.
- Prepares periodic reports related to departmental finances, drug usage, continuing education of Pharmacy personnel and summaries of departmental activity for Hospital Administration.
- Consults with physicians regarding questions about pharmaceutical treatment, such as questions relating to side effects, therapeutic effectiveness, dangerous drug combinations, alternative products, etc.
- Supervises distribution of drugs throughout the hospital and physician offices to include Chemo/biotherapy handling and disposal processes.
- Central IV admixture - Director assumes overall responsibility for this aspect of the Pharmacy program.
- Pharmacy Manager serves on or has representatives on the following committees: Pharmacy & Therapeutic, Leadership Group Meetings, TJC, Patient Safety, Environment of Care Committee, and Sparrow Pharmacy related Committees.
- Responsible for overseeing 3rd Party Contracts, vendor contracts, wholesaler and buying group contracts and the 340b program.
- Responsible for purchasing drugs, confirming invoices, and maintaining adequate, yet not excessive inventory.
- Oversees Pyxis system and Pharmacy Information System and unit dose system.
- Ability to act in Staff Pharmacist capacity.
- Directly accountable for patient safety initiatives impacting his/her area.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Management/Professional Requirements: Shift Match Any Degree Type / Education Level Bachelor's Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Eaton Hospital Experience Level Under 4 Years
Apply on company website