Job Opportunity Job ID: 23980 Positions Location: Charlotte, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provides general administrative and clinical assistance to physicians/nurses treating patients.
- Prepares patients to be seen by the physician. Duties include escorting patient to the exam/procedure room, obtaining vital signs, taking patient's medical history, updating the patient information sheet, cleaning wounds, removing sutures, changing patient dressings, explaining procedures and providing emotional support as needed, and preparing the patient for exam/procedure.
- Assists physicians/nurses with patient procedures as directed.
- May assist in providing pre-op and/or post-op medical care to surgical patients.
- Completes required documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with Hospital policies.
- Triages patients providing information and assistance, scheduling appointments, calling in prescriptions and notifying appropriate personnel of emergency/urgent situations.
- Schedules patients for surgeries, testing, and appointments with specialists; completes required documentation.
- Contacts patients to discuss test results, order additional testing, order new medications, etc. as directed by the physician.
- Contacts the offices of other physicians and health care professionals to exchange information and obtain necessary referral authorizations.
- Assumes responsibility for preparing and cleaning exam and procedure rooms; restocks supplies, cleans/sterilizes equipment, and notifies appropriate personnel of unsafe conditions and/or equipment in need of repair.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks in support of the department or practice.
- Obtains insurance pre-certifications for patient appointments, procedures, tests, surgeries, medicines, etc. as required.
- May transport patients to others areas within the Hospital.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization's policies & procedures, and compliance guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Patient Services/Nursing Support Requirements: Shift Days Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Eaton Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website