Job Opportunity Job ID: 21377 Positions Location: St. Johns, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: St. Johns, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Assists with the delivery of direct and indirect patient surgical care; maintains OR supplies and equipment; assists with housekeeping duties of the department.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Assumes responsibility for patient and work assignments and maintains a satisfactory physical environment in the surgical suite.
- Recognizes and responds to priorities and sets priorities when planning care to be given, according to assignment.
- Performs technical skills safely and according to current procedure and demonstrates working knowledge of equipment.
- Assists surgeons as scrub nurse according to prescribed standards, using aseptic technique.
- Disposes of surgical supplies in proper containers; instruments are taken to dirty utility area.
- Assists the circulating nurse to get the room ready for the next case and performs end-of-day cleaning and restocking in surgical rooms.
- Assists in safe transportation of patients.
- Assists in housekeeping duties of the department, maintaining use and cleanliness of autoclaves; caring for instruments and equipment properly and helps to maintain supplies.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Clinical Professional/Technical/Allied Health Requirements: Shift Match Any Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Per Diem Facility Sparrow Clinton Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website