Job Opportunity Job ID: 20799 Positions Location: St. Johns, MI Job Description General Purpose of Job: Description:
Positions Location: St. Johns, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Phlebotomists are responsible for veni-puncture, arterial-puncture, urine collection and nasal washing. Must be capable of providing quality samples for testing and correctly perform computer programs relating to admission, ordering, and specimen processing.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Perform safe and efficient venipunctures on all age groups, including difficult draw patients, and patients who are under physical and/or emotional stress.
- Proper collection, including the correct tubes or containers, correct time on specimen, initialing specimen, correct identification of patient and specimen, and correct preparation of container (i.e. 24 hour urine).
- Properly collect blood cultures, nasal washings, and drug screens.
- Tests urine glucose on tolerance patients.
- Correctly interprets physician orders, written and verbal, to ensure specimens are correctly collected.
- Correctly performs admission process, and correctly enters order information, including billing information, diagnosis information, and copy to information into computer.
- Correctly and efficiently perform clerical duties, which exist within the flow of the laboratory workload.
- Properly prepare and mail various specimens (i.e. overnight express, US mail, etc.) as requested.
- Collect and process Quality Assurance and Continuing Quality Improvement data.
- Follow up on corrective action as needed.
- Inventory and order laboratory supplies, as well as properly date all open reagents which they use throughout the laboratory.
- Must be aware of department and hospital policies, either by attending department meetings, reading the minutes, or review of hospital and department policies and procedures manuals.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Job Family Patient Services/Nursing Support Requirements: Shift Variable Degree Type / Education Level High School / GED Status Full-time Facility Sparrow Clinton Hospital Experience Level New Grad
Apply on company website